Volando (remix)

  • Contact case
  • Charge AirPods 
  • Glasses  (carry on) 
  • Set alarm for 6:20 am

Usually, I'm all for a change in scenery but this is the first time I feel like I don’t need one. North Dakota is nice enough but it still feels too new. 
Part of me wishes I was going back home to MO, back to my comfort zone. Sometimes I miss knowing how each day was going to go and that not much could change that. 
As I head towards B59, I see the name on the gate. Gate 59 shares its seating area with flight 4751, headed straight to Springfield. It could be a coincidence or it could be my chance. If I snuck onto that plane do you think they would stop me? It's not like people are lining up to board, seats all occupied. I could trade tickets with the gray-haired man with the patchwork denim jacket, an eagle flying across the back. I think he'd like the Dakotas, he looks like he'd fit right in. 
Small world. I miss my chance as their doors close and mine open. I want to be home in bed, just waking up and getting ready for a nice and boring Wednesday. But when I open my eyes we're landing, the rickety plane teetering back and forth before hitting the tarmac with a jolt. I don’t know why I was worried about what jeans to bring, everyone here wears Wranglers. The men all file off the plane and I am the only one in the women's room. We're back in the country, trucks driving 30 miles an hour down Dickinson's roads. They declare that nothing has changed and I believe it. I see trees and their leaves make me nostalgic but confused as to where I am now. New house, new town, where are the mountains? Where are the crunchy leaves that color the yards? 
I feel like I won’t be here long enough to understand the layout. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

De Peru a Barcelona a Miami baby

Funk

Pretty lil something