Pretty lil something

I was transported back to that day. My feet were in the sand toes curling in the wet grains and I'm not in my kitchen anymore I'm laughing and yelling talking to the ocean talking to you drawing your name and mine in the sand and I feel sick to my stomach because the doubt has vanished and I know that in that moment I was free and I had never been more in love I remember the sky and tossing the shells back into the ocean except for the ones I kept to paint with you. In the midst of cleaning out my jewelry bag i stumbled across the shells that traveled from the pacific to Missouri and I want to break one but I can't because they are still so beautiful and although I think about it less and less everyday I can't stop my mind today, as I tuck away the shells in a safe place, where they will stay, beautiful and whole.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

De Peru a Barcelona a Miami baby

Funk