Funk

Or as I've been calling it, the mid October slump.
I have given up on the idea that I will ever wake up early enough to straighten my hair before class, accepting that a messy bun on the top of my head is the best it is going to get. I give up on finding the perfect outfit for Missouri's forever changing temperatures. I have renounced my perfect attendance, in hope to make it through this semester.
Midterms were last week:
And I wrote three papers, had two tests, and made one collage. I spent hours studying metamorphic rocks and crustal deformation only to get a 79 percent. I wrote papers about things I really did not care about. At all. I used a blog entry and the most random photos for my last fashion assignment. I took my perfect attendance and flushed it down the drain because why not?
Was it worth it?
HECK YES IT WAS.
I made it to about two classes, slept in till one, and lounged around the house in my underwear, because I knew that this would be my last opportunity before finals to slack off and eat chicken noodle soup in my bed. I knitted like a grandmother on a time crunch, I talked to Diego, hoping he wouldn't judge me for my laziness. I read no school materials, and better yet, I got an A on almost all of my assignments. Except geology of course. So, shout out to all my college homies before it hits the full workweek of November- I recommend you students to do the same, because now October is almost over, as is my funk, and we are all one week closer to winter break.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

De Peru a Barcelona a Miami baby

Pretty lil something