Ordinaria

Trip down to ST. LOUI
One of my favorite things about traveling down route 66 are the gas stations. I love the ones that sell a bunch of weird stuff, anything extra that isn't essentially gas and cokes. I was about to burst after chugging the standard 32 ounce and a bottle of water. As my mom passed the exits, she suggested I pee in a bottle, and I told her that I didn't have the correct parts, I would if I could. Glaring through the rearview mirror, she finally took the exit and pulled into the most abandoned looking gas station. With old fashioned gas pumps and too much decor, I stomped out of the car. The Totem Pole Trading Post, spooky and overpriced selling bubble gum cigarettes, raccoon caps, and stamps. Betsy's Kitchen magnets were only 1.69. I guess there ain't very many Betsy's around anymore. 7.00 barbies wrapped in newspapers, as some sort of surprise bag, antique post cards and x-Large MO tees, ya'll best come in. This place is a dream. I run back to the car to tell everyone, this place is one of those creepy places that people get murdered in. Kevin says I watch too much tv, as him and the gas station attendant continue to chat as I close the wooden bathroom door. This is a place you can get lost in.

La Tina y la Crystal
Staying in the Motel 6 is pretty routine for us. Don't get me wrong, I have no problem with motels in the parking lot of Indian restaurants. I don't even have problems with carpeted elevators and wood paneling, although I don't really understand it. The way I see it, it's just a place to sleep, for only 56 bucks a night.
Siempre nos quedamos en moteles un poco ordinarios. No dire que esta mal, porque no lo esta, es diferente nomas. Si lo piensas de una manera un poco distinto, no te hace sentir tan chula por las puertas que no se cierran completamente, o los ascensores con alfombra. Pasamos un gallo fumando fuera de la entrada, con su poleron demasiado estiloso de rojo, verde, y amarillo. Los pasillos se ven tan antiguos como los en The Shining, solo les falta los baldes de sangre (corn syrup), y la hacha para abrir nuestra puerta. En subir le digo a mi mami que yo no necisito GPS, y sigo cantando las letras de Maluma, y me reta. Es un poco ordinaria la canción, porque todos cachamos que no solo esta hablando de google maps, y nos reimos porque es un lugar extraño, que no tiene reglas. 56 dolares no paga por alguien que los esfuerza. Deje mi computador en el maletero y tomo el acensor con la Francisca para ir a buscarlo, para no ir sola. No temo ir sola, pero como dice mi mami, ten cuidado, como si dos niñas es más seguro que una.
Al regreso, nos topamos con el que fuma, pero ya no esta fumando, esta saltando, (pacing) casi en circulos, ojos locos de Jack nos miran arriba abajo lado a lado. Yo miro a la Franny, directo a los ojos, y el sigue en frente de nosotros. Nos pregunta si tenemos a la Tina, y yo miro hacia arriba, adonde esta la decencia. Una propuesta más indecente que'l romeo, le digo que no la hemos visto. Y me pide por la Crystal, si esta disponible. Ella tampoco, le cuento. La Franny esta confundidisma, y el esta volado, y ahora me toca mirar a todas partes. Se rie y toma su caja de cervesas, yo tomo mi computador y la Fran, y nos vamos a nuestras piezas, uno en frente del otro.
Dos niñas ausentes del carrete y nos dormimos, ya que no hay nada más que hacer en el motel seis.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

De Peru a Barcelona a Miami baby

Funk

Pretty lil something