in one word

For all those who are interested, MGMT's new album came out today. I wouldn't normally know, but as Kevin made clear this afternoon, it is what we will be listening to on repeat for the next however long. So, if I had to describe the first two tracks in one word, I'd say it's "groovy." Or retro. Fine, two words. It makes me think of if I'd lived in the seventies, if my house would be painted orange or bright blue on the inside, because right now my room is pink, and it seems kind of overrated. If you've been in my room, you'd know it used to be dark blue and I hated it after August, and I thought champagne pink was just loud enough to drown it out. It was.
The Arctic Monkeys are coming out with a new album this year, in March I think, and it makes 18 year old angsty Megan so happy. Kevin says he can't listen to them anymore, and then makes a face like he could just puke or groan. They are playing in Delaware this year, but I don't really think I've ever been to Delaware. Gimme another AM and this year will be accompanied by a better soundtrack.
In other music news, I bought an aux cord at dollar tree and it works.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

De Peru a Barcelona a Miami baby

Funk

Pretty lil something