Una piña para mi una piña para usted?

Setting:
It always smelled better up there. It was clear, closer to the clouds. The mornings were snow covered, accompanied by the crisp air on my ears. 
It tasted like warm bread, crunchy on the outside, but soft, steam escaping with every bite.  
It felt like freedom, to look outside the window and see the city as the sun went down, and the lights turn on house by house. 
It sounded like families gathered next to the stove, to feel the heat and the closeness, to sip tea and talk over each other. 
It felt like home, being scolded for not wearing a coat before going out to play.
It felt like home because I didn't want to leave. 

Setting: 
Lying down on the rocks, the water trickles down the curves of my body. It's rustic, I'll give you that. But it's beautiful, a place where I wouldn't mind staying for a few days. Solo quiero esta calma.
Looking up, I see the clouds, blue and white, moving across the sky. I pray that if I slip away, que siento esta calma.


Setting:
In an effort to try to find some old writing, I found little notes that my ex had written me when we first dated. Tonight is not going great. Setting: sobbing.

Setting:
Estoy solita en las olas, por la primera vez en todo el dia. Pienso que en un crucero la gente pasaria de fiesta hasta mañana. Me equivoco, pues es un crucero gringo, y me encuentro la unica despierta a esta hora. Y la mejor parte? Lo unico que me separa del oceano son las barandas. Siento que casi lo puedo tocar, puedo sentir su viento salado, ver la luna reflejada en el agua negra. Puedo sentir la fuerza de las olas blancas pegando el barco.
Pero si las subo? Si no me impiden, puedo parar de correr, y puedo nadar. Solita en las olas.









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

De Peru a Barcelona a Miami baby

Funk

Pretty lil something