Pretty when I cry

Only Lana Del Rey can be pretty when she cries
This week has been hard. But I think that I'll be okay soon.
For those of you who don't stalk my facebook, I am single. Not ready to mingle, will probably never be ready to mingle. I seem to enjoy finding myself thousands of miles away from boys that I love, and I don't know who to blame. The Universe? The horiscopes?
Step- Vampire Weekend
At least I will always have my great taste of music, and my blog. People still read it, although inspiration seldom comes. I have already written about my hatred of running shorts and Bearwear, and well, that is about the only thing that really bugs me. Other than the roaches. But the roach guy stopped by, and we will soon be roach free? The only thing that would make me happier is if we had never seen one step foot in the house. At least I am no longer afraid to kill a bug, making me wifey material at long last.
Clean- Taylor Swift
Her most underrated tune. But it's still good.
So in search for inspiration and reasons to not sleep the days away, I went to search for a place of work yesterday. To my despair, I found one. The one, the only, McD'S Y'ALL! I'm actually kind of excited. I passed my pee test, and am I the only one who gets uncomfortable when a man is holding a cup of your pee? My favorite part was when he asked if I washed my hands before he lent me his pen. I can't imagine who he sees on a regular basis, so I thanked the heaven that I will be working at everyone's favorite fast food joint, instead of testing urine. Bless?
Video Games- Lana Del Rey
I never listen to Lana, but when I do, it's because I can't sleep and I need to pretend that my life is as fantastic as hers. IT's YOU It's You... HEAVEN IS A PLACE ON EARTH WITH YOU. I guess I do have some admirers. But they all work at the Kum & Go around the corner, gifting me with free drinks and checking me out in the outfit that my mom labeled, gas station robber chic. Next song please.
Kendrick Lamar's entire album Good Kid, m.A.A.d city
I think I'm getting a cold. I was freezing all day, and now I am sweating, sitting in bed. The covers are tossed to the side, I know I should probably take off the layers of clothes, but that would mean I would have to move, take out my headphones, and probably get cold again. So I would rather not. This album is a gem. I hope that everyone takes the time to listen to it, clean version of course. Because if not, your mother will borrow your car, music blaring, hearing all about COMPTON YA"LLLLL and she won't like it very much.
Fly- Sugar Ray
If you are still reading, that means you got past the last couple paragraphs of incoherent thoughts and now will hopefully be looking up this amazing 90's classic. My grandmother was great enough to pay for Kevin and I to spend the day at the state fair, excitement building in the summer sweat to see Mark McGrath in the flesh. He is a beautiful man. I can now say that everything happens for a reason, there was a reason that we bought two Sugar Ray CDs at a garage sale, making us fans, sticking around for the ten minute ending of Fly. It was a little much, but honestly. The smell of churros and the screaming from the loop the loops was worth the hour long concert. He performed with Uncle Cracker, who although has the better name, is so much worse. LONG LIVE SUGAR RAY AND OREGON STATE FAIRS.
Potion Approaching- Arctic Monkeys
Oh Humbug.
I don't have class until 12:00 pm tomorrow. So I will prolong this entry, trying to write about something. My mom says that we kids have beautiful smiles and need to find some friends. Joke is on her, I have found one. Her name is Jessica, and we are mutually confused about geology (sedimentary rocks to be exact) and writing for social change. And we were both screamed at by the campus preacher, who stand outside of my English building. *Just an average day at MSU*
Partition- Beyonce
This song reminds me of prom. Nuff said.
Obvious Bicycle- Vampire Weekend
This song is nostalgia. I can't hear it without thinking of Chile; how I love it, how I miss it, how I would see the beauty that others thought was just the backdrop. I think I'm going to make the right choice. I close my eyes, and I am back in the car, driving through Puente Alto. The street lights on late, the houses painted in more colors than just white and beige. I see it all. I smell the car's exhaust, the city air, and I am back.
One Last Time- The Kooks
I don't think there is a more perfect song that explains how I am feeling. I would give anything to feel how I did when we were side by side, hand in hand. I could say mean things, I could yell, I could cry again, but I think I'll just listen. "Can I hold you one last time? To fight this fear that is growing in my mind?"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

De Peru a Barcelona a Miami baby

Funk

Pretty lil something