Tengo una camara y lo llevo a todos lados mi amor

Occasionally, a perfect moment will hit you and make everything worth it. I had one Thursday. We were having a music assembly and we were waiting to go on stage, or we had just gotten off stage, I can’t really remember because we had two. I think we had already gotten off stage and sang. The orchestra was playing and Emily Sappington and Daleen and I were sitting on the front row of the balcony, just listening, with our feet up, and it was in that moment that I realized how lucky I was to have them and how perfect moments can occur so suddenly and even though perfection is impossible, it kind of proves that wrong. I wanted to remember that moment so bad, I wish I could have taken a picture. But that’s kind of what I’m doing now. Snap. Saved. 

Today in the car, I couldn’t stop thinking. About the trees, about being in the forest with the sun peaking out from the trees. Its beautiful, its something we’ve all seen but its magic. And I look into the sun, knowing that I can’t even fathom the magnificent rays, the lights it brings, but even if I can’t I want to try. And I think about being lost in the trees, finding what adventure everyone is searching for something new and something imaginary. I admire the mountains, Cajon del Maipo really is breathtaking. I don’t know what is the most beautiful, the clear view of mountains contrasting the blue sky touching the sun or when it all blends together white and gray. Or when you see the silhouette, black against smoky grey in the night light by the moon. 

Who do you keep looking at? I continue dancing, avoiding the question, avoiding your observing eyes. But I can't stop looking. All I want is to dance with him, why is he dancing with everyone else but me. And suddenly he is there, and we dance, we dance till we are the only ones left dancing, and the party is over, and I hope it isn't obvious that I was looking at you the whole time. And that I wanted nothing more but to dance closer, but lowkey (which we all know I cannot do). Following me inside, we talk on the couch, talk about I don't know what, and I take a picture. Click, and you laugh, laugh at the noise, at my priceless camera, and I can't help but laugh at me too, because our memory is saved.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

De Peru a Barcelona a Miami baby

Funk

Pretty lil something