Seeking refuge in the arms of my blog

In the midst of taking my very last online final, my wifi "timed out". After crying on the phone to my mother for a solid ten minutes, I wrote my professor a heartfelt email, explaining my predicament and the stress that now fully consumed my brain. I hope she sees that even though I did save this final for the last minute, I did it because I was studying very hard aka cramming my brain full of the information I should have been working on this entire semester. I usually never stress about school, but this semester reflects all the weeks I just didn't do anything. Just laid in bed and ate gummy worms because college has never been that thing that I put much work into. And I'm not just upset about this final and the untimely death of my wifi, I am upset that I didn't do the work to save me earlier. In completing two years of college,  I am no longer pleased with the mediocrity of my GPA. I am no longer pleased with the fact that not only do I look lazy, I am lazy, and that even though I have gotten out of my funk, there are so many things I could have done sooner. Looking at the countless missing assignments, I feel kind of bad. In my head, I have tried to tell myself that school doesn't really matter, grades don't matter. It has been my little rebellion for overachieving in my earlier years; of thinking that if I got a B the world would fall to pieces and so would I. Then I got B's, C's, D's, even an F and the world stayed the same. But now I realize that it makes me look like I don't care about my future because for a long time, I really didn't. I didn't want a future, and I didn't care if I got one, much less if I made any cash money moola. But now I understand that if I want a life that I like, a life that will give my future family a lifestyle free of a little stress by having enough, I have to try a little bit: goals, go to class, the whole thing. Since my semester is one final away from being over, I accept that my grades will be the way that they are, it is what it is.  But I feel grateful that I gained some insight, that for me the rebellion is dead because now I understand what I want. I want to raise my GPA for me, not for the deans list or because its expected. I want to do it so that I can get a really cool job, and then come home to my very hot family, and people who will eat gummy worms with me because I earned it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

De Peru a Barcelona a Miami baby

Funk

Pretty lil something