My computer is falling apart *sleepy poems*

December 4
Every night is the same old game
Of hearing the birds chirp
Ashamed that you haven’t been able to
Close your eyes and rest your brain

Dec 1
I stay up so I won’t have those few seconds of thinking before my head hits the pillow instead of just drifting away into sleep. I need a distraction, a dream, that does not make me hold my pillow while trying to stay perfectly still as I shake and close my eyes.

November 4
Get up
Monday- right
Tuesday-wrong


October 13
I can’t differentiate what is real and 
What I have made up in my head
Lying down, crouched in the wet grass,
Hiding, from myself, from you,
From the yelling,
Did I dream it?

October 10
Dreaming encases me
I remember the shadows lighting up the walls before I close my eyes
Dancing around like I was a fairy
Weightless
Lying in bed,
Weighed down
Tossing and turning, 
The sun streaming in, bringing warmth,
Secret diaries under my bed.

September 4
I had a dream mama didn’t make me go to school
She took me out for ice cream
Pink and the flavor of bubble gum 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

De Peru a Barcelona a Miami baby

Funk

Pretty lil something