"Monday was a lake day with the girls" 2015

Swimming out to an island full of flowers, taking all my breaths, past the yellow caution line. Jumping into the unknown, swimming out too far into the waves. I fooled myself into thinking it was the ocean. Pretending it went on and on, endless, I didn’t want to come out, purple haired mermaid. The waves gave me life, gave me energy to tread water, to float away. I swam out farther than the other girls dared. I wanted the waves to swallow me whole, take me  away out to sea.
But I was in the beautiful blue lake, and had to climb up to the island. The flowers blew in the wind, all swaying, tickling our ankles, sunbeams dancing off the water on my lashes, showing me the heavenly multicolored rays in reach. Running through the flowers, jumping back into the waters, crashing along the edges, crumbling along the rocks. Dive Drive back to reality, after water dancing with the stars and genuine laughs as I get water in my eyes.
 Floating on my back to see what is above me, the skies here are so blue, and it takes me back to another vacation, and I take a picture. CLICK. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

De Peru a Barcelona a Miami baby

Funk

Pretty lil something