Happy birthday

I can't help but have you cross my mind today. It could say that it hasn't been my fault, I refuse to take the blame in the way the universe moves lately, running into you in crowded places or having you write me in my dreams. But today I admit that I do think of you; think of where I was last year, on this very date. I remember looking through your albums of baby pictures and seeing your family. Everyone had come out for the occasion, and although my face was still numb from the dentist visit earlier before, I smiled and laughed because I was happy to be there on your day with you. I don't think I'll ever forget how after you blew out your candles you told me what you wished for. I knew then that no one would love me like you did, because you were the first person I had ever fallen in love with. And even though we don't speak, we don't look at each other in the hallways, I want to wish you a happy birthday. And tell you that your wish did come true. And it pains me to know that it is not that simple, and that although I may have the chance to talk to you, I won't take it. And neither will you. I let out a breath and blow out a candle, making the same wish you made for me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

De Peru a Barcelona a Miami baby

Funk

Pretty lil something